By adding videos to your websites it allows you to give your users the ability to view videos directly within your website. Formats supported include flv, mpg, mpeg, avi, wmv, and 3gp.
To add a video, follow these steps:
- Navigate to the page you would like to add a video to. Select the content you would like to add a video to or start a new block of information.
- Click the “Video” tab to expand the video options.
- To locate your video click the “Browse” button and select the file from your computer. Your video may be a maximum size of 100MB.
- There is an optional thumbnail image that can be uploaded otherwise the thumbnail will be automatically generated from the video. A thumbnail will appear within the content of the website unless the video is embedded.|
- Select thumbnail size, you can choose a predefined size of small, medium or large.
- Select thumbnail time interval, this determines where within the video the thumbnail is generated from and only used if a thumbnail is not uploaded.
- Select the alignment of the video. If you align the video to the left or right the text will flow around the video, and if you align the video in the center the text will display below the video.
- Select the player logo from the dropdown. The default logo is Techweavers, to add your own customized logo refer to the “Video Logo” section of the manual.
- Optional video size, you can specify the video size or leave it blank and it will be the original video size.
- Optional caption that will display below the video.
- To embed the video within the page, check the embedded option.
- To display embed code, check the embed code option. The embed code gives the user the ability to copy the embed code and paste the code in another website to display the video.
- Once you have selected your file and options click “Save”.