Billboards are a great way to showcase feature items or display an image slideshow in the page. Billboards can contain any type of information (text, image, video, file, etc.) and can be customized in a variety of different ways. There can only be one billboard container with unlimited items per page and it only is available in the “Standard Content” module.
To add a billboard item, follow these steps:
- Navigate to a page that uses the “Standard Content” module or create a new page.
- At the top of the page you should see a “Billboard” tab. Click the arrow to show the billboard.
- Now you should see a box labeled “Billboard Item> Add”.
- Information can be added just like a regular “Standard Content” module. For more information please refer to the “Adding Blocks of Information” section of the manual.
- Depending on the size of your billboard container and the type of content that is added, the content may stretch or not fit the container and you may need to resize your billboard container accordingly. See billboard configuration below for more information.
- Once a new billboard has been added, it will be added below the add box under “Billboards” which can be edited, deleted or ordered.
The billboard container has default settings to insure that it is working a billboard item is added. To adjust the billboard configuration, go to the box at the top of the billboard section labled “Billboard Configuration”.
The configuration in the image above, is what the billboard default configuration is. To change the billboard back to the default settings, click the “Reset” button.
- Arrows: this option allows you to enable or disable the arrows. The arrows let you go between each billboard, which will look different depending on the theme that has been selected. This option is enabled by default.
- Navigation: this option allows you to enable or disable the navigation links. The navigation links et you select which billboard either by number or dot depending on the theme that has been selected. This option is enabled by default.
- Navigation Size: this option allows you to input the max number of navigation links you would like displayed at one time. The maximum number that can be entered is 30. If navigation is disabled, this feature will not work.
- Theme: this option allows you change the look of the billboard arrows and navigation style. To see what each theme looks like, please refer to the 'Theme' section below.
- Start/Stop: this option enables or disables a start/stop button to control the slideshow. This option is enabled by default.
- Autoplay: this option enables or disables the slideshow to automatically start playing when the page loads. This option is enabled by default.
- Transition: this option determines how many seconds it will take before switching to the next billboard item. The default is 3 seconds.
- Direction: this option determines which direction the billboards slide. 'Horizontal' slides from left to right and 'vertical' slides from top to bottom. Horizontal is the default option.
- Reverse: this option reverses the order that the billboards go in, so 0 would become last instead of first.
- Stop at End: this option will stop the slideshow when it reaches the end of the items, if you would like the slideshow to continue to loop keep it unchecked.
- Align: this option determines where the slideshow will display on the page. 'Top' will put the billboard at the top of the page above the standard content. 'Bottom' will put the billboard at the bottom of the page below the standard content.
- Width & Height: determine the size of the billboard container. Keep in mind that the container will need to be resized depending on the type of content that is being used.